Indian style Bean Salad
Who doesn’t love an easy salad, spicy and satisfying?! This Indian salad from Relish the Bite has adzuki beans, mangoes, carrots, ginger and green chilies. We can store this with dressing in the refrigerator for 3 -4 days and still it will be fresh. I used adzuki canned beans. If you do not want to use canned beans, you can always soak the beans overnight, boil it in the morning with salt until it becomes soft and keep it aside to use.
- Adzuki Beans – 1 ½ cup
- Onion – 1, chopped finely
- Pomegranate – 3 tbsp.
- Shredded Mango – ¼ cup
- Shredded carrot – ¼ cup
- Olive oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Red chilli – 2, broken
- Green chilli – 2 tbsp., chopped finely
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs, chopped
- Salt – 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp., chopped finely.
- Heat oil in a wok and add mustard seeds till it crackles.
- Then add dried red chillies, chopped green chillies, and ginger and curry leaves to the mix.
- Mix the boiled adzuki beans, salt, onions, pomegranate, shredded mango, carrot into the wok and remove from the flame.
- Sprinkle the chopped coriander leaves and serve.