Mexican Street Corn Salad
This Mexican Street Corn Salad is an easy corn salad recipe with black beans, peppers, onions, cheese and a tangy dressing. A sweet and savoury salad that is the perfect side dish to any barbecue fair or as a salsa for dipping with nacho chips!
- 2 tsp avocado oil or preferred cooking oil
- 2 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels or roasted corn, kernels removed
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2/3 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup red pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup pablano pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1/3 cup feta cheese or cojita cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch cayenne pepper or to taste/heat preference
- Add 2 tsp of avocado oil to a large pan and bring to medium-high heat. Add in the corn and garlic and cook until some of the corn kernels start to brown. Stir only occasionally so that the kernels have time to brown or char a bit. Remove from heat and place in a large bowl.
- Add the red pepper, poblano pepper, red onion, cilantro, and black beans to the large bowl. Top with feta or cojita cheese and mix.
- In a small bowl add the sour cream, lemon juice, maple syrup, paprika, cumin, salt and cayenne pepper. Mix well. Add to the top of the salad and mix well until combined.