Source: Cook-it-up London Middlesex Health Unit
Yield: 9 - 5 oz portions
Nutrition (5 oz)
|2 tbsp||butter or oil||30 mL|
|2||bananas, sliced into rounds||2|
|1/4 c||diced onion||62.5 mL|
|1 (15 oz)||can white beans, drained and rinsed||1 (443 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||salt||2.5 mL|
|1 (17 oz pkg)||frozen puff pastry, thawed||500 mL|
|1 c||shredded cheddar cheese||500 mL|
|1||egg, beaten with 1 tbsp (15 mL) water||1|
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2) Heat butter or oil in medium sauté pan over high heat. Add bananas and sauté until golden. Move the bananas to a large bowl.
3) Add onion to sauté pan and sauté 3-5 minutes until clear and soft; remove onions and combine with bananas.
4) Add beans to banana, onion mixture. Using back of fork or potato masher, mash bean filling to coarse paste; season to taste with salt and cool.
5) Unfold each puff pastry sheet on floured cutting board. Cut each into 9 squares.
6) Place 1 heaping tablespoon of cheese in the center of each square.
7) Place 1 tablespoon of filling in center on top of the cheese.
8) Fold 1 corner of dough over filling to opposite corner, forming triangle.
9) Using fork, seal edges of the dough.
10) Arrange on rimmed baking sheet; brush with egg wash.
11) Bake until golden brown and puffed, about 20 minutes.