Gluten-Free Shake and Bake
Source: Pulse Canada
Nutrition (28 g (~3 tbsp))
|1/2 c||white bean flour||125 mL|
|1/2 c||crushed gluten-free corn flakes or bread crumbs||125 mL|
|1 tsp||sea salt||5 mL|
|1 tsp||celery salt||5 mL|
|1 tsp||dried parsley flakes||5 mL|
|1/2 tsp||sugar||2 mL|
|1/2 tsp||onion powder||2 mL|
|1/2 tsp||garlic powder||2 mL|
|1/4 tsp||paprika||1 mL|
|1/4 tsp||freshly ground black pepper||1 mL|
PREPARATION TIME: 5 MIN.
Makes 1 cup, use for coating vegetables, chicken, minute steaks or fish fillets before frying or baking to get a crisp, crunchy texture.
1. Crush the cornflakes or bread crumbs in a plastic bag with a rolling pin.
2. In a small bowl, whisk all the ingredients together until well blended. Pour into a shaker bag (brown paper bag or 1-gallon re-sealable plastic bag) or put the mix in a wide, shallow bowl and coat the food in it.
3. Preheat oven or frying oil. Moisten vegetables or meat with water.
4. Shake moistened vegetables or meat, 1 to 2 pieces at a time, in shaker bag. Discard any remaining mix and bag.
5. Fry foods or bake them at 400ºF (205ºC) in an ungreased or foil-lined baking pan until cooked through. Do not cover or turn food during baking.