Gnocchi and White Bean Skillet
Yield: 2 dinner or 4 side portions
Nutrition (1 serving or 22.90 oz)
|2 cups||Drained & rinsed white pea/navy beans||500 mL|
|2 tbsp||Canola oil, divided||30 mL|
|1/2||white onion, chopped||1/2|
|1/2||large bunch kale, stems removed, chopped||1/2|
|salt and pepper, to taste|
|1/4 cup||Parmesan cheese, grated||60 mL|
|1/4 cup||Canola oil*||60 mL|
|juice from half a lemon|
|2||garlic cloves, crushed||2|
|1 tbsp||Italian seasoning||15 mL|
|1/2 tsp||red pepper flakes||2 mL|
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook time: 15 min.
- Prepare gnocchi per package instructions.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbsp Canola oil over medium heat. Add boiled gnocchi and sauté until slightly crispy, about 5-7 minutes. Remove gnocchi from pan, set aside.
- In the same pan, add remaining oil, add onion and garlic, cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add beans and one handful of kale at a time, cooking until wilted. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- In a jar with a lid, combine all the dressing ingredients, replace lid and shake until combined and oil starts to emulsify. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add gnocchi, beans and kale, drizzle with dressing and toss gently to coat. Top with Parmesan cheese.
*Canola oil is a great fat to help you absorb all the fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E and K) in your fruits and veggies. It has a light, neutral taste that won’t compete with other flavours. And it’s high in healthy omega 3 fats and low in bad saturated fats.