Source: Pulse Canada
Yield: Serves 8(2 kg)
Nutrition (1/8 recipe (250g))
|1 1/2 c||potatoes, mashed||375 mL|
|1 1/2 c||navy, pinot, or great northern bean puree||375 mL|
|1 c||low-fat cheddar cheese, grated||250 mL|
|2 c||cottage cheese 1% MF||500 mL|
|1/4 c||green onion, diced||50 mL|
|1/4 tsp||salt||1 mL|
|1/2 tsp||pepper||2 mL|
|4 c||fresh spinach, chopped||1 L|
|9||lasagna noodles, cooked||9|
|1 1/2 c||onion, diced||375 mL|
|1/4 c||soft margarine||50 mL|
|1/2 lb||bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled||114 g|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2) Spray a 9×13 baking dish with a non-stick vegetable spray.
3) In a bowl combine potatoes, bean purée and Cheddar cheese. In separate bowl, combine cottage cheese, green onion, egg, salt and pepper. Add spinach and mix well.
4) Place lasagna noodles on the pan bottom. Spread bean mixture over first layer of noodles and cover with next layer of noodles. Spread cottage cheese mixture over 2nd layer of noodles. Cover with the last of the noodles.
5) In a skillet, sauté onion in margarine until translucent. Remove from heat and spread over final layer of noodles.
6) Cover with foil and bake on middle oven rack for 1¼ hours.
7) Remove from oven and garnish with bacon. Bake uncovered for 5minutes.
8) Cool for 10 min, covered, before serving. Enjoy.
Preparation time: 1hour
Cooking time: 1hour 30 minutes