Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition (1 serving)
|¼ cup||mayonnaise||60 mL|
|1 tsp||garlic powder||5 mL|
|19 oz||1 can white pea beans (navy beans), drained and rinsed||540 mL|
|1 lb||ground chicken||454 g|
|⅓ cup||seasoned breadcrumbs||80 mL|
|2 tsp||Worcestershire sauce||10 mL|
|1 tsp||each salt and pepper||5 mL|
|½ cup||prepared olive tapenade or spread*||125 mL|
|8||slices provolone cheese||8|
|4||whole wheat ciabatta burger buns||4|
Enjoy the flavors of a traditional Muffuletta stuffed into a burger. A blended chicken and bean patty is grilled and topped with provolone cheese and an olive spread for a little taste of southern comfort food. Serve with a side salad, with olive oil & vinegar dressing, for a complete meal.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- Preheat grill to 400ºF (205ºC).
- In a small bowl mix together mayonnaise and garlic powder, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, roughly mash white pea beans; add ground chicken, breadcrumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Using clean hands, mix well to combine. Form into 4 burger patties and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place chilled patties on the grill and cook 5-7 minutes per side or until meat thermometer registers 165°F (74°C).
- Serve on ciabatta bun topped with 2 slices provolone cheese, 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive tapenade and 1 tbsp (15 mL) garlic mayonnaise.
*Looking for an easy and flavourful homemade tapenade recipe? Try our Black Bean Tapenade recipe.
- To lower sodium content, use no salt added canned white pea beans
- Serve with a side salad with olive oil & vinegar dressing