Sheet-Pan Moroccan Chicken with Beans
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition (1 serving)
|¼ cup||olive oil||60 mL|
|Juice of one lemon|
|2||cloves garlic, crushed||2|
|2 tbsp||brown sugar||30 mL|
|4 tsp||paprika||20 mL|
|2 tsp||cumin||10 mL|
|1 tsp||each cinnamon, ground ginger, salt and black pepper||5mL|
|8||boneless, chicken thighs||8|
|2||medium sweet onions, halved and quartered||2|
|19 oz||1 can Romano beans (cranberry beans), drained and rinsed||540 mL|
|1 lb||baby potatoes, halved||454 g|
|½ lb||baby carrots||226 g|
|1 cup||Greek-Style pitted olives||250 mL|
|1 tbsp||olive oil||15 mL|
|1 tsp||each salt and fresh cracker pepper||5 mL|
|2 cups||quinoa, cooked as per package directions||500 mL|
|⅓ cup||finely chopped parsley||80 mL|
A healthy dinner of chicken thighs, onion, olives, baby potatoes and cranberry beans are seasoned with a blend of Moroccan spices, spread onto one sheet pan, and baked for a simpler weeknight meal.
Prep Time: 30+ minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes+
- In a small bowl add marinade ingredients, whisk to combine.
- In a large ziplock bag, add chicken thighs and marinade; seal and massage with your hands to ensure chicken is covered; refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (205ºC).
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Add onion, cranberry beans, potatoes, carrots and olives. Drizzle with oil, add salt and pepper; lightly toss to coat. Remove chicken from marinade and arrange on baking sheet; discard remaining marinade.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature or 165ºF (75ºC).
- Serve over cooked quinoa and sprinkle with parsley.
- To reduce sodium content, use no salt added canned cranberry beans
- To further reduce sodium content, limit salt amount to ½ tsp (2 mL)
- To further reduce sodium content, limit the salt amount to ½ tsp (2 mL) and omit the olives.
- To reduce the calories and fat per serving, use skinless chicken thighs.