Speckled Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source: Pulse Canada Photo by Brian Gould
Yield: Makes 48 cookies (360g)
Nutrition (2 cookies (15 g))
|1 c||black bean or whole bean flour||250 mL|
|1/2 tsp||baking soda||2 mL|
|Dash of salt|
|1/2 c||unsalted butter or buttery spread||125 mL|
|1/2 c||sugar||125 mL|
|1/4 c||packed brown sugar||50 mL|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract||5 mL|
|1 c||semi-sweet chocolate chips||250 mL|
PREPARATION TIME: 10 MIN. / COOKING TIME: 12 MIN.
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
2. In small bowl, stir together bean flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In mixing bowl, cream together margarine and both sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla until light and fluffy.
4. Stir in dry ingredients until blended. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Drop by small teaspoonfuls 2 inches (5 cm) apart onto nonstick baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
The dough will seem sticky when using bean flours. Leave enough room in between cookies for them to spread out as they bake.
Adapted from Currie, V. & Spicer, K. (1993). Full of Beans. Mighton House page 170.