Feel free to swap the beans for red kidney, black beans or pintos if you prefer. They all taste amazing in this recipe!
- 1 can (540ml) white kidney beans
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 6 radishes, cleaned and quartered
- 1/4 cup chimichurri
- 1/2 cup olive oil (best quality you can afford)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes or 1 small red chili, seeds removed and minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaf
- 1 tsp salt
- Greens (arugula, kale, spinach)
- Fresh ground pepper
- Feta cheese, optional
Make the chimichurri a day or two in advance so all the flavours can mingle and get acquainted. Keep in a sealed jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Serve any leftovers with grilled meats or potatoes, stirred into mayo or Greek yogurt for a tangy dip or brush on vegetables before grilling/roasting.
Assemble the Salad:
Rinse your can of white beans and toss the can into a big salad bowl along with the corn, cabbage, chives, and radishes.
Toss in 1/4 cup of the chimichurri and toss to combine. Taste for salt and pepper and add more if needed.
Serve over greens with fresh ground pepper and feta, if using.
Keywords: Corn, White Bean and Radish Salad, Corn and Bean Salad, Bean Salad