- 1 package fusilli pasta (16 oz./450 g)
- 1 cup WHITE PEA BEANS, soaked and cooked or canned in water: drained and rinsed (250 mL)
- 5 oz hard Italian hot salami, sliced thinly
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped (4g)
- 1/2 red pepper, cut in long, thin slices
- 1/2 green pepper, cut in long, thin slices
- 10 black olives, pitted and halved
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard (15 mL)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (25 mL)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (15 mL)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil (125 mL)
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. In a large bowl, combine remaining salad ingredients. Add pasta and toss lightly to mix.
Dressing: Mix all ingredients together, whisking the olive oil in gradually at the end, until dressing is slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss.
- Calories: 446
- Sodium: 407 g
- Fat: 22 g
- Carbohydrates: 49 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 13 g