- 12 oz fresh linguini (350 g)
- 2 cups Navy beans (white pea beans), soaked and cooked (500 mL)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock (250 mL)
- 1 cup broccoli florets (250 mL)
- 1 medium green or yellow zucchini
- 8–10 stalks fresh asparagus, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 4 oz mushrooms, quartered (125 g)
- 1/2 red pepper, cut in long, thin slices
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil (75 mL)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (50 mL)
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, finely sliced (or 2 tsp/10 mL dried) (25 mL)
- pinch salt and pepper pinch
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the olive oil. Set aside.
In a small saucepan, heat the chicken stock and garlic. Add beans and stir gently. Cover and simmer gently over low heat for 5-10 minutes. Set aside.
In a large wok or skillet, heat remaining 2 tbsp (25 mL) of olive oil over medium-high heat. When hot, add all the vegetables, except the tomatoes, stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with 2-3 tbsp (25-50 mL) water. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender-crisp.
Lower heat and stir in the bean and stock mixture. Remove from heat and transfer vegetables to a large serving bowl.
Add tomatoes and linguini to bowl and toss all ingredients until well mixed. Add Parmesan and toss gently. Season with salt and pepper and top with fresh or dried basil.
- Calories: 548
- Sodium: 382 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 77 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 22 g