- 1 can (14oz./398 mL) Beans in Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup or tomato sauce (125 mL)
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt (2 mL)
- 1/4 tsp oregano or cumin (1 mL)
- 1–2 tsp chili powder (5–10 mL)
- 4 cups shredded lettuce (1 L)
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (250 mL)
- 2 cups croutons, corn chips or broken tortilla chips (500 mL)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced olives (125 mL)
Mix beans, ketchup, garlic salt, oregano or cumin, and chili powder in a bowl. Chill until serving time.
Arrange lettuce on a large platter or individual plates. Spoon bean mixture over the top.
Garnish with any selection of optional garnishes. Serve as a side salad or with crusty bread as a meal.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 260
- Fat: 13.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Fiber: 6.7 g
- Protein: 8.6 g