This quick and easy Thai curry is perfect for a mid-week meal. Fiber-rich beans and lean tilapia make this dish healthy while the authentic flavours satisfy your take-out cravings.
- 1 (19 oz) can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed (540 mL)
- 1 tbsp Canola oil (15 mL)
- 4 tbsp Prepared Thai green curry paste (60 mL)
- 13.5 oz full-fat Coconut milk (400 mL)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth (125 mL)
- 1 cup snap peas (250 mL)
- 1/2 red pepper, medium, julienned
- 1 lb tilapia filets (500 g)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (30 mL)
- Juice of 1/2 a fresh lime
- 2 cups basmati rice, prepared according to package directions (500 mL)
- 1/2 cup fresh Thai basil leaves, roughly chopped (125 mL)
Pour beans into a colander or strainer, rinse with cold water; set aside.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat canola oil. Add Thai green curry paste and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Whisk in coconut milk and vegetable broth, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
Stir in kidney beans, snap peas, and red pepper. Gently place tilapia filets in broth. Spoon broth over tilapia; cover and poach for 8-10 minutes, until fish is cooked through. Gently break up fish into large chunks with spoon.
Season with fish sauce and juice from half a lime, stir until combined. Serve over basmati rice and garnish with fresh basil.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 811
- Sugar: 7.2 g
- Sodium: 1674 mg
- Fat: 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 19.4 g
- Trans Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 102.8 g
- Fiber: 9.9 g
- Protein: 41.3 g
- Cholesterol: 57 mg
Keywords: Thai Green Fish Curry, Green Curry, Fish Curry, Thai Curry