Loaded with fresh lemon and dill, this zippy white bean, tuna and asparagus salad is the perfect salad to welcome spring. Prep this ahead of time for a healthy lunch–it also makes a great side dish for a barbecue.
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed and sliced along the bias into ½” pieces
- Zest + juice of 1 lemon (about 4 tbsp lemon juice)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 198g tuna packed in oil, drained
- 1/3 cup fresh dill, roughly chopped
Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and blanche for 2 minutes, they should turn bright green and be slightly tender while retaining their crunch. Drain and rinse with cold water.
In a medium bowl, whisk lemon zest and juice with olive oil, honey, salt and garlic. Add white beans, asparagus and tuna. Sprinkle with dill and stir to combine.
Keywords: white beans, navy beans, white kidney beans, asparagus, tuna, salad