- 2 cups white pea bean (navy beans), drained and rinsed (500 mL)
- 2 tbsp Canola oil, divided (30 mL)
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1/2 large bunch kale, stems removed, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated (60 mL)
- 1/4 cup canola oil (60 mL)
- juice from half a lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning (15 mL)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (2 mL)
Prepare gnocchi per package instructions.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbsp Canola oil over medium heat. Add boiled gnocchi and sauté until slightly crispy, about 5-7 minutes. Remove gnocchi from pan, set aside.
In the same pan, add remaining oil, add onion and garlic, cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
Add beans and one handful of kale at a time, cooking until wilted. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
In a jar with a lid, combine all the dressing ingredients, replace lid and shake until combined and oil starts to emulsify. Set aside.
In a large bowl add gnocchi, beans and kale, drizzle with dressing and toss gently to coat. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Serving Size: 1 servings (22.90 oz)
- Calories: 1128
- Sugar: 5.5 g
- Sodium: 1739 mg
- Fat: 47.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.6 g
- Trans Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 149.4 g
- Fiber: 19.3 g
- Protein: 33.9 g
- Cholesterol: 11 mg