Couscous is an ingredient that cooks in just five minutes, making it a great choice for a cold, make ahead salad! This Mediterranean inspired salad features white kidney beans, tomatoes, fresh basil and an easy balsamic dressing. Whip this up in just 20 minutes for any last minute summer barbecues.
Visit Louisa’s website: https://www.livinglou.com/
- 1 cup couscous, cooked according to package directions
- 1 540mL can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ 283g pkg. cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cucumber, diced
- ⅓ cup chopped Kalamata olives
¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced basil
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
Cook couscous according to package directions and allow it to cool.
In a medium bowl, whisk olive oil with balsamic, garlic, honey, Dijon and salt.
Add couscous, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, beans, cucumber, , feta, red onion, cilantro and salt. Toss to combine and serve.
Couscous salad will last about 2 days in the fridge.