This is a protein and fibre-packed meal that not only comes together quickly but tastes delicious. Crispy roasted broccoli and juicy tomatoes add loads of flavour to the gnocchi and white beans. Just serve with grated Parmesan cheese and an extra drizzle of olive oil for a simple yet satisfying weeknight meal.
- 1 500 g package potato gnocchi, uncooked
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 2 cups grape/cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cubed butternut squash or sweet potato
- 1 (540 mL/19 oz) can white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
Arrange the rack in the centre of the oven and preheat to 425ºF.
In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients. Spread on the baking sheet.
Roast for about 35 minutes, until the squash is tender and the broccoli has browned edges.
Give a stir halfway through the cooking time. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide into bowls and garnish with Parmesan cheese, a lemon wedge, and a drizzle of olive oil.
Keywords: white kidney beans, sheet pan