Fagioli in Omido
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Serving Size: serve 2 people
- 540 ml tin mixed bean medley
- ½ cup sliced yellow onion
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ cup vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Dash fine sea salt
- Dash freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of paprika
- Some chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Splash of olive oil to finish
- Rinse beans in a colander and reserve some of the bean water (about 1/8 cup).
- In a medium sauté pan or cast pan drizzle in olive oil, bring to a medium heat and toss in sliced yellow onion and ½ the chopped green onion, sauté’ for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in garlic and beans and stir. Season with salt, pepper, paprika, ad some parsley. Taste and add seasoning if needed.
- Pour in vegetable stock combined with bean water and let simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Place mixture in a serving bowl, sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Ready to serve!
- You can use the dried beans (chickpeas, borlotti, kidney, pinto, white, and Romano), or any variety that you want. Soak overnight then cook till almost done. Finish in the pan.
- Do not overcook the beans they will turn to mush.