Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies
Source: Pulse Canada
Yield: 24 cookies (360 g)
Nutrition (1 cookie)
|1/2 c||canned navy beans, rinsed and drained||125 mL|
|1/2||canned lentils, rinsed and drained||125 mL|
|2 tbsp||canola oil||30 mL|
|3/4 c||brown sugar, packed||175 mL|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract||5 mL|
|1/2 c||semi-sweet chocolate chips, or, if desired, raisins||125 mL|
|1 1/3 c||rolled oats||325 mL|
|3/4 c||whole wheat flour||175 mL|
|1/2 tsp||baking soda||2 mL|
1) Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2) In blender, purée beans with egg until smooth.
3) In a medium bowl, beat canola oil, sugar and vanilla using electric mixer until smooth. Add bean and egg purée and continue beating until well combined.
4) Add chocolate chips (or raisins) and oats and stir with a spoon to combine.
5) Sift together flour and baking soda over wet mixture and stir
until well combined.
6) Drop by rounded teaspoon, 2inches (5 cm) apart on prepared cookie sheet and flatten slightly. Bake for 15 minutes.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes