Bean and Coconut Pie
- Yield: 1 pie 1x
- 1 cup cooked white pea beans or canned, drained and rinsed (250 mL)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (125 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted (125 mL)
- 1 9-inch frozen pie shell, thawed
In a blender or food processor fitted with a metal blade add white pea beans, process 2 minutes, or until smooth. Add eggs, sugar, vanilla and butter pulse until combined; set aside. Sprinkle half of the toasted coconut on the bottom of the thawed pie shell. Pour in bean mixture and top with remaining coconut. Bake in a 350°F (180°C) oven for 40 minutes or until set.
- Toasted Coconut: Spread coconut on a baking sheet. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring once during cooking.
- Alternative: Fill 12 tart shells and bake for 30-45 minutes or until set.
- Serving Size: 1/8 Slice of Pie
- Calories: 320
- Sugar: 15.3 g
- Sodium: 201 mg
- Fat: 19.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.8 g
- Fiber: 3.5 g
- Protein: 4.9 g
- Cholesterol: 79 mg
Keywords: Bean Coconut Pie, Coconut Pie, Baked Coconut Pie