Add a flavourful twist to burrito night by blending half the beef with finely chopped mushrooms.
- 8 oz fresh crimini mushrooms (250 g)
- ½ lb lean ground beef (250 g)
- 1 tbsp canola oil (15 mL)
- 2 tbsp Your favourite taco seasoning (30 mL)
- 1 cup reduced-sodium refried beans (250 mL)
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup cooked Spanish rice (250 mL)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce (500 mL)
- ½ cup salsa (500 mL)
- ½ cup guacamole (optional) (125 mL)
- ½ cup fat-free sour cream (optional) (125 mL)
- ½ cup shredded part skim Cheddar cheese (125 mL)
Place the mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped. Add the ground beef; pulse until well combined.
Heat the oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, Tex-Mex seasoning and mushroom seasoning. Cook for 10 minutes until mushroom mixture is browned.
Spread the refried beans over each tortilla. Spoon in rice, and top with the mushroom mixture, lettuce, salsa and optional guacamole and sour cream. Sprinkle with cheese, and roll up burritos.
Coat a hot nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Place the burritos, seam side down, and toast on both sides for 3 to 4 minutes until heated through.
Many brands carry Spanish-style rice that can be prepared in the microwave for a quick dinner.
- Calories: 503
- Sodium: 743 mg
- Fat: 21 g
- Carbohydrates: 48 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 28 g
Keywords: Beefy Burritos, Beef Burritos, Bean Beefy Burritos