- 1 cup dry navy beans, soaked according to package (250 mL)
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 medium Polish sausage, cooked (optional)
- 1 (10 oz) can tomato juice (284 mL)
- 1 (28 oz) can tomatoes, halved (796 mL)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce* (15 mL)
- 1 tsp instant beef or chicken bouillon granules* (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp dried basil (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp dried organo (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp paprika (2 mL)
- 1/2 cup carrot, chopped (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped (125 mL)
- * Gluten-free brand required
Boil soaked beans for 10-12minutes. Drain and set aside.
Skin chicken pieces and set aside. If using sausage, halve it lengthwise and cut into bite size pieces.
In a medium bowl, combine beans, tomato juice, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon, basil, oregano and paprika.
In a 4quart (3.78 litre) slow cooker combine carrots, celery and onion. Arrange chicken and sausage over vegetables. Pour bean mixture over chicken and sausage.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10-12hours or on high-heat setting for 6-8 hours. Serve.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 278
- Sodium: 437 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 29 g
- Cholesterol: 67 mg