Frozen tart cranberries, blended with tangy orange and white kidney beans for a thick, creamy and healthy smoothie.
- 1 cup white kidney beans, drained and rinsed (canned) (250 mL)
- 1/4 cup frozen cranberries (250 mL)
- 1 Navel orange, peeled and segmented
- 1 medium banana, frozen, sliced
- 1 cup 2% milk (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (125 mL)
- 2–4 ice cubes
Pour beans into a colander or strainer, rinse with cold water. Transfer beans to blender; add all remaining ingredients and blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
Divide between 4 small glasses and serve immediately.
Tip: For added sweetness, try using vanilla Greek yogurt or add one tablespoon of maple syrup.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 11.9 g
- Fat: 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Trans Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.6 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 6.5 mg