Frozen tart cranberries, blended with tangy orange and white kidney beans for a thick, creamy and healthy smoothie.
- 1 cup white kidney beans, drained and rinsed (canned) (250 mL)
- 1 cup frozen cranberries (250 mL)
- 1 Navel orange, peeled and segmented
- 1 medium banana, frozen, sliced
- 1 cup 2% milk (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt (125 mL)
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (15 mL)
Pour beans into a colander or strainer, rinse with cold water. Transfer beans to blender; add all remaining ingredients and blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
Divide between 2 glasses and serve immediately.
Tip: Use 1 cup (250 mL) vanilla almond beverage in place of 1 cup (250 mL) 2% milk.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 363
- Sugar: 37.6 g
- Fat: 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Trans Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 66.3 g
- Fiber: 11.3 g
- Protein: 17.7 g
- Cholesterol: 16 mg