- 1 540 ml can mixed bean medley
- 1/2 cup sliced yellow onion
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Dash fine sea salt
- Dash freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of paprika
- Some chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Splash of olive oil to finish
Rinse beans in a colander and reserve some of the bean water (about 1/8 cup).
In a medium sauté pan or cast pan drizzle in olive oil, bring to medium heat and toss in sliced yellow onion and ½ the chopped green onion, sauté’ for about 1-2 minutes.
Add in garlic and beans and stir. Season with salt, pepper, paprika, ad some parsley. Taste and add seasoning if needed.
Pour in vegetable stock combined with bean water and let simmer for about 8 minutes.
Place mixture in a serving bowl, sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Ready to serve!
- You can use the dried beans (chickpeas, borlotti, kidney, pinto, white, and Romano), or any variety that you want. Soak overnight then cook till almost done. Finish in the pan.
Do not overcook the beans they will turn to mush.
Keywords: Fagioli in Omido