A healthy dinner of chicken thighs, onion, olives, baby potatoes and cranberry beans are seasoned with a blend of Moroccan spices, spread onto one sheet pan, and baked for a simpler weeknight meal.
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 mL)
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (30 mL)
- 4 tsp paprika (20 mL)
- 2 tsp cumin (10 mL)
- 1 tsp each cinnamon, ground ginger, salt and black pepper (5 mL)
- 8 boneless, chicken thighs
- 2 medium sweet onions, halved and quartered
- 1 (19 oz) can Romano beans (cranberry beans), drained and rinsed (540 mL)
- 1 lb baby potatoes, halved (454 g)
- ½ lb baby carrots (226 g)
- 1 cup Greek-Style pitted olives (250 mL)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (15 mL)
- 1 tsp each salt and fresh cracker pepper (5 mL)
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked as per package directions 500 mL
- ⅓ cup finely chopped parsley (80 mL)
In a small bowl add marinade ingredients, whisk to combine.
In a large ziplock bag, add chicken thighs and marinade; seal and massage with your hands to ensure chicken is covered; refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
Preheat oven to 400ºF (205ºC).
Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Add onion, cranberry beans, potatoes, carrots and olives. Drizzle with oil, add salt and pepper; lightly toss to coat. Remove chicken from marinade and arrange on baking sheet; discard remaining marinade.
Bake for 45 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature or 165ºF (75ºC).
Serve over cooked quinoa and sprinkle with parsley.
To reduce sodium content, use no salt added canned cranberry beans
To further reduce sodium content, limit salt amount to ½ tsp (2 mL)
To further reduce sodium content, limit the salt amount to ½ tsp (2 mL) and omit the olives.
To reduce the calories and fat per serving, use skinless chicken thighs.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 892
- Sugar: 12.1 g
- Sodium: 1399 mg
- Fat: 40 g
- Saturated Fat: 8.9 g
- Trans Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 78 g
- Fiber: 13 g
- Protein: 55.6 g
Keywords: Moroccan Chicken with Beans, Sheet-Pan Meal, Chicken and Beans