Hearty and comforting soups are perfect for these cold winter months. This tortellini and white bean soup is an easy, healthy and family friendly weeknight meal. It is made in one-pot in under half an hour!
There are many variations of tortellini soup, and the addition of white beans adds fibre, plant-based protein and iron to this vegetarian soup. As the white beans soften, they also add wonderfully creamy texture to the soup.
My family loves this recipe and I hope yours does too!
Visit Christina’s website HERE.
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stock celery, chopped
- 1L of reduced sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 package of frozen or fresh cheese tortellini (250-350g)
- 1 can of white kidney (cannellini) beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chopped baby spinach (or half a 300g block frozen whole leaf spinach)
- Grated parmesan cheese for serving (optional)
In a large pot, heat the oil and sauté onion, carrots and celery until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add the broth and water and bring to a boil. Add the tortellini and white beans and cook until the tortellini is cooked through (based on package directions). Add the spinach, stir until it is wilted and remove from heat.
Serve topped with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.