- 2 cups uncooked short pasta (eg. fusilli or rotini) 500 mL)
- 1 can 10 oz/ 284 mL of cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup milk (175 mL)
- 1 can (19 oz/ 540 mL) white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups diced, cooked chicken (375 mL)
- 1 cup grated Fontina cheese (250 mL)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (50 mL)
- 1/4 tsp pepper (1 mL)
- 1/2 cup grated Fontina cheese (125 mL)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (50 mL)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (50 mL)
In a saucepan of salted boiling water cook the pasta until just tender; drain.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked pasta with the soup, milk, beans, chicken, 1 cup (250 mL) of Fontina cheese, green onions, basil and pepper. Stir to combine.
Place the mixture in a greased 8 cup (2L) dish. Make the topping by combining the 1/2 cup (125 mL) of Fontina, breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. Spoon over the pasta/bean mixture.
Cover and bake in a preheated 350ºF (180ºC) oven for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes more until topping is lightly golden.
Using low-fat cheese and 1/2 Fat Cream of Chicken soup will reduce the fat by up to 11 g per serving.
- Calories: 522
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 47 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 42 g