- 2 cups white pea beans, soaked and cooked or canned in water: drained and rinsed (500 mL)
- 2 large stalks celery, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (250 mL)
- 1 cup arugula (250 mL)
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped (15 mL)
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, minced (5 mL)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard (5 mL)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (15 mL)
- 1/2 cup olive oil (125 mL)
In a large glass or plastic serving bowl, combine beans, celery, onion, peppers and tomatoes and set aside.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the garlic, mustard and vinegar. Slowly whisk in the oil and season with salt and pepper. Pour over the bean mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least four hours or overnight before serving.
Just before serving, add arugula and chives and toss lightly. Adjust seasonings as needed.
- Calories: 153
- Sugar: 2.0
- Sodium: 166 mg
- Fat: 11.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.7 g
- Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 3.4 g
Keywords: Bean Salad, White Bean Salad, Easy Bean Salad