Source: the iBEAN project http://www.has.uwo.ca/hospitality/ibean
Yield: 5 Servings
Nutrition (PER: Eggplant Rollup)
|10 slices||1 large (2 small) Eggplant , sliced thinly length-wise||10|
|2 small||Zucchini diced||2|
|2 small||Green Pepper, diced||2|
|1||clove, Garlic, minced||1|
|1||can (19 oz) Kidney Beans||1|
|4 oz||Cooked White or Brown Rice||115 g|
|14 oz||Tomato Sauce||400 g|
|4 oz||Firm Tofu, crumbled||115 g|
|Â½ bunch||Fresh Basil, chopped|
|Salt and Pepper to taste|
1. Preheat oven to 350oF;
2. Season eggplant slices with salt and pepper and bake on a lightly greased cookie sheet for approximately 5 minutes or until slightly soft; remove and let cool.
3. Sautee diced zucchini, green peppers, garlic and beans in 4 oz tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Fold in tofu, basil and cooked rice.
5. Arrange sliced eggplant in a cross pattern; place 2-3 oz vegetable mixture in the centre of the eggplant.
6. Fold over eggplant ends to enclose mixture.
7. Top each roll with an additional 1 oz of tomato sauce and bake to heat.