- 2 cups all-purpose flour (500 mL)
- 1 cup brown sugar (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces, at room temperature (125 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups WHITE PEA BEANS, soaked and cooked or canned in water: drained and rinsed (375 mL)
- 2/3 cup maple syrup (150 mL)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup melted butter (125 mL)
- 1 cup chopped pecans (250 mL)
- 2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate (60 g)
- 24 halved pecans
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
In a food processor or mixing bowl, combine the flour and sugar. Add the butter pieces and pulse or cut in until crumbly. Transfer into a greased 9″ x 13″ pan and press evenly into bottom. Set aside.
Filling: In a food processor or blender, puree beans and maple syrup. When smooth, add the eggs, sugar and butter and blend well.
Sprinkle chopped pecans evenly over base then pour filling over top. Bake for 30 minutes or until set in the middle and lightly browned. Cool to room temperature.
In a double boiler, melt chocolate over barely simmering water. Drizzle chocolate over bars in a criss-cross pattern. Refrigerate the bars until chocolate has set. Cut bars into triangles and garnish each one with a pecan half.
- Calories: 271
- Sodium: 96 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 34 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 4 g