- 1 cup well cooked white pea beans (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (125 mL)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (75 mL)
- 1/3 cup melted butter (75 mL)
- 1/2 cup raisins or chopped pecans (125 mL)
- 1 9 inch (23 cm) unbaked pastry pie shell or 18 unbaked tart shells
- Pecan halves (optional)
Puree beans in food processor or blender with maple syrup until smooth. Add eggs, sugar and butter and mix just until well blended. Sprinkle raisins or chopped pecans in bottom of pie or tart shells. Pour filling on top of raisins or chopped pecans. Garnish with pecan halves if desired. Bake pie in a 350°F (180°C) oven for 35-40 minutes or tarts for 20 minutes or until set in centre. Cool. Serve at room temperature plain or with whipped cream or ice cream.
Note: Serving size is 1/10 of a 23 cm diameter pie.
- Calories: 276
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 37.1 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 4.3 g