- 2 cups cooked white pea beans (500 mL)
- 2 cups diced, cooked chicken* breast meat (500 mL)
- 1 cup medium or hot chunky salsa (250 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack or Cheddar Cheese (375 mL)
- 6 10-inch flour tortillas
In a medium bowl, combine the cooked beans, diced chicken, salsa and cheese. Divide mixture between 6 tortillas, placing mixture on the bottom half of the tortilla. Begin to roll, (cabbage roll style) tucking in the sides as you go. Place seam side down on a non-stick cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated 400° F (200°C) oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden and crispy. Serve with a dollop of light sour cream (optional).
Alternative: Add finely chopped jalapeños, minced garlic or green onions for spicier tortillas.
*Smoked chicken or turkey works well
- Serving Size: 1 Baked Tortilla Roll
- Calories: 478
- Fat: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 51 g
- Fiber: 4.3 g
- Protein: 31 g
Keywords: Baked Tortillas, Tortillas Rolls, Bean Tortillas