- 1/2 cup canned white pea beans (navy beans), drained and rinsed (125 mL)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed (175 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, or, if desired, raisins (125 mL)
- 1 1/3 cup rolled oats (325 mL)
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour (175 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (2 mL)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
In blender, purée beans with egg until smooth.
In a medium bowl, beat canola oil, sugar and vanilla using electric mixer until smooth. Add bean and egg purée and continue beating until well combined.
Add chocolate chips (or raisins) and oats and stir with a spoon to combine.
Sift together flour and baking soda over wet mixture and stir
until well combined.
Drop by rounded teaspoon, 2inches (5 cm) apart on prepared cookie sheet and flatten slightly. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 124
- Sodium: 55 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 8 mg