A mighty matcha green tea smoothie with a secret source of protein. Spinach, banana, matcha powder and white pea beans are blended together for a thick and creamy antioxidant-rich smoothie.
- 1 cup white pea beans (navy beans), drained and rinsed (canned) (250 mL)
- 1 cup fresh spinach (250 mL)
- 1 cup orange juice (250 mL)
- 1 bananas, medium, frozen, sliced
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (125 mL)
- 1 tbsp matcha green tea powder (15 mL)
- 2–4 ice cubes
Pour beans into a colander or strainer, rinse with cold water. Transfer beans to blender; add all remaining ingredients and blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
Divide between 4 glasses and serve immediately.
Tip: For added sweetness, try using vanilla Greek yogurt or add one tablespoon of maple syrup.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 130
- Sugar: 9.6 g
- Fat: 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.4
- Fiber: 3.8 g
- Protein: 8.3 g
- Cholesterol: 1.3 mg