Enjoy the flavors of a traditional Muffuletta stuffed into a burger. A blended chicken and bean patty is grilled and topped with provolone cheese and an olive spread for a little taste of southern comfort food. Serve with a side salad, with olive oil & vinegar dressing, for a complete meal.
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (60 mL)
- 1 tsp garlic powder (5 mL)
- 1 (19oz) can white pea beans (navy beans), drained and rinsed (540 mL)
- 1 lb ground chicken (454 g)
- ⅓ cup seasoned breadcrumbs (80 mL)
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce (10 mL)
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper (5 mL)
- ½ cup prepared olive tapenade or spread (125 mL)
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 4 whole wheat ciabatta burger buns
Preheat grill to 400ºF (205ºC).
In a small bowl mix together mayonnaise and garlic powder, set aside.
In a medium bowl, roughly mash white pea beans; add ground chicken, breadcrumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Using clean hands, mix well to combine. Form into 4 burger patties and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Place chilled patties on the grill and cook 5-7 minutes per side or until meat thermometer registers 165°F (74°C).
Serve on ciabatta bun topped with 2 slices provolone cheese, 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive tapenade and 1 tbsp (15 mL) garlic mayonnaise.
- Looking for an easy and flavourful homemade tapenade recipe? Try our Black Bean Tapenade recipe.
- To lower sodium content, use no salt added canned white pea beans.
- Serve with a side salad with olive oil & vinegar dressing.
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 853
- Sugar: 3.7 g
- Sodium: 3463 g
- Fat: 53.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 14.4 g
- Trans Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 59.9 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 47 g
- Cholesterol: 177 mg
Keywords: Bean Burger, Bean Muffaletta, Easy White Bean Burger