Roasted red pepper and white bean dip is an easy, flavourful and healthy appetizer. The dip is slightly sweet and smoky from the red peppers and pairs well with the crunchy pita chips. Serve it as an appetizer for guests or enjoy as a healthy snack anytime.
For the dip:
- 2 roasted red bell peppers
- 1 can (540 mL) of white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Pita breads
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2–3 tbsp Everything Bagel Spice
- Flakey sea salt (optional, if you bagel spice has salt in it, you may want to omit)
To prepare the dip, place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Refrigerate or serve at room temperature.
To make the pita chips, preheat the oven to 350°
Cut the pita breads into 8 triangles and place on a baking sheet.
Brush with olive oil and sprinkle Everything Bagel Spice evenly over top.
Bake for 6-8 minutes until golden and crispy. Serve with the dip and store any leftover pita chips in an airtight container for 2-3 days.