- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (125 mL)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (250 mL)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups well-cooked white pea beans (navy beans), mashed or pureed (500 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla (5 mL)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (250 mL)
- 1 tsp baking soda (5 mL)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves (1 mL)
- 1 cup golden raisins (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (125 mL)
- 2 apples, peeled and grated
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
Grease a bundt pan or a 9 x 13 inch (3 L) baking pan.
In a bowl, cream butter and sugar together; add egg and mix well. Stir in mashed or pureed white pea beans and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, salt and cloves. Add the raisins, pecans and apples; stir to coat.
Pour flour mixture into the creamed mixture and stir until just combined. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown on top and toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Serving Size: 1/18 recipe
- Calories: 215
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4 g