Traditional White Bean Salad
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- 1 cup dry white pea beans (navy beans), soaked and cooked (250 mL)
- 2 large stalks celery, sliced diagonally
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green or red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives (optional) (125 mL)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (optional) (250 mL)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil (50 mL)
- 5 tbsp vinegar (65 mL)
- 1/4 cup sugar (50 mL)
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard (2 mL)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (1 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- pinch paprika pinch
Combine cooked beans, celery, onion, green or red pepper, olives and tomatoes in a large bowl.
In a small bowl whisk together remaining ingredients, pour over bean mixture; mix well.
Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to 1 week.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 153
- Fat: 6.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.7 g
- Fiber: 4.6 g
- Protein: 4.3 g