- 4 individual-size pizza shells
- 3 tbsp olive oil (50 mL)
- 1 leek, halved lengthwise and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh spinach, stems picked off 500 mL
- 1 cup white pea beans (Navy beans), soaked and cooked or canned in water: drained and rinsed (250 mL)
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (375 mL)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (50 mL)
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped (15 mL)
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, finely chopped (or 1 tsp/5 mL dried) (15 mL)
Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
In a medium skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of olive oil. Add chopped leeks and saute over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and continue to saute slowly for 5 more minutes. Do not brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
Turn heat to high and add spinach to pan. Cover and cook spinach just until it wilts (about 1 minute). Remove spinach from pan and rinse in cold water. Gently squeeze leaves to remove excess water. Set aside.
Brush pizza shells with 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil. Spread one-quarter of the mozzarella cheese evenly over each pizza shell. Next, layer spinach leaves over the mozzarella cheese and top with white beans and sun-dried tomatoes. Finally, layer the leek and garlic mixture and sprinkle each pizza with Parmesan cheese, chives and oregano. Bake approximately 10 minutes.
- Calories: 603
- Sodium: 364 mg
- Fat: 21.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 75 g
- Fiber: 6.7 g
- Protein: 29.5 g