Source: Cook-it-up London Middlesex Health Unit
Yield: 8 - 10 oz (276 g)
Nutrition (10 oz (276g))
|1 tbsp||extra virgin olive oil||15 mL|
|1 c||diced onions||250 mL|
|1 tbsp||minced garlic||15 mL|
|2 tbsp||chili powder||30 mL|
|1 tbsp||paprika||15 mL|
|1/2 c||tomatoe paste||125 mL|
|2 lbs||lean ground turkey||907 g|
|1 1/2 tsp||kosher salt||7.5 mL|
|1/2 tsp||ground black pepper||2.5 mL|
|1 c||chopped canned tomatoes with juice||250 mL|
|1||can white beans, drained and rinsed||1|
|8||mini whole wheat buns||8|
|1/4 c||chopped scallions||62.5 mL|
1) Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
2) Add the onions and garlic; cook until it starts to turn golden brown. Add the chili powder and paprika; cook for 30 seconds.
3) Add tomato paste, ground turkey, salt and pepper. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes until the meat is partially cooked.
4) Add the chopped tomatoes, and beans; bring to a simmer. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
5) Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
6) To serve: toast mini whole wheat buns, top with Sloppy Joe mix. Sprinkle with scallions.