- 1 lb boneless pork chops (3/4-inch/2 cm. thick) well-trimmed (500 g)
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour 25 mL)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil 25 mL)
- 1 can (14 oz./398 mL) Beans with Pork and Molasses
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion (50 mL)
- 1 tbsp vinegar (15 mL)
- 1 tsp dry mustard (5 mL
- 1 small tart apple, cored
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (25 mL)
Coat chops with flour. In frying pan, heat oil and brown chops on both sides. Drain on paper towel. C
ombine beans, onion, vinegar and mustard in shallow 8-inch (20 cm) round baking dish. Slice half the apple and place one slice on each chop. Dice remaining apple and stir into beans. Arrange chops on beans; cover tightly.
Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 30 minutes. Remove cover, sprinkle with brown sugar. Return to oven for 10 minutes or until chops are tender.
- Calories: 453
- Fiber: 6.7 g
- Protein: 31 g