- 2 tbsp butter (25 mL)
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1–1/2 tbsp curry powder (20–25 mL)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin (2 mL)
- 2 can Beans in Tomato Sauce (14 oz./398 mL)
- 1 cup baby spinach (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (125 mL)
- 1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped (75 mL)
- Optional: cilantro, chopped
In a large saucepan heat butter until hot; add celery and onions. Sauté 3-5 minutes. Add curry powder, cumin and beans in sauce. Simmer 5-10 minutes.
Wash and dry spinach thoroughly and discard stems; stir in beans. Cover and heat about 5 minutes or until spinach is cooked.
Serve with rice, chutney or your choice of meat. Top with yogurt, peanuts and cilantro.
- Calories: 268
- Sugar: 13.1 g
- Sodium: 520 mg
- Fat: 8.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 38.7 g
- Fiber: 7.7 g
- Protein: 11.5 g
- Cholesterol: 12 mg
Keywords: Curried Beans, Curried Beans and Vegetables, Vegetable Curry