Deep Dish Pork and Bean Pie
- 3/4 lb ground pork (375 g)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz./398 mL) Beans with Pork in Molasses Sauce
- 1 medium unpeeled apple, cut into 1/2-inch/2 cm cubes
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard (40 mL)
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp allspice (2 mL)
- 1/2 pkg (411 g) frozen puff pastry, thawed
In frying pan over medium-high heat, brown pork with onion until no longer pink. Drain off fat. Stir in beans, apple, mustard, thyme and allspice; mix well. Pour into 10-inch (25 cm/1.5 L) pie plate.
Roll out pastry on lightly floured board to fit top of pie plate. Place on filling, fluting edges and cutting steam vents in top.
Bake at 400F (200 C) for 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 539
- Fat: 30 g
- Carbohydrates: 44.5 g
- Fiber: 7.1 g
- Protein: 23.4 g