Gluten-Free Shake and Bake
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup 1x
Use for coating vegetables, chicken, minute steaks or fish fillets before frying or baking to get a crisp, crunchy texture.
- 1/2 cup white bean flour (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup crushed gluten-free corn flakes or bread crumbs (125 mL)
- 1 tsp sea salt (5 mL)
- 1 tsp celery salt (5 mL)
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp sugar (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (2 mL)
- 1/4 tsp paprika (1 mL)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper (1 mL)
Crush the cornflakes or bread crumbs in a plastic bag with a rolling pin.
In a small bowl, whisk all the ingredients together until well blended. Pour into a shaker bag (brown paper bag or 1-gallon re-sealable plastic bag) or put the mix in a wide, shallow bowl and coat the food in it.
Preheat oven or frying oil. Moisten vegetables or meat with water.
Shake moistened vegetables or meat, 1 to 2 pieces at a time, in shaker bag. Discard any remaining mix and bag.
Fry foods or bake them at 400ºF (205ºC) in an ungreased or foil-lined baking pan until cooked through. Do not cover or turn food during baking.
- Serving Size: 3 tbsp (28 g)
- Calories: 88
- Sodium: 625 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 5 g