- 1 tbsp quick-rise yeast (15 mL)
- 1 cup warm milk (110F/43C) of choice (250 mL)
- 2 tsp sugar (10 mL)
- 2/3 cup white bean flour (150 mL)
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour (75 mL)
- 2 tsp xanthan gum (10 mL)
- 1/2 tsp table salt (2 mL)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning (5 mL)
- 1 tbsp canola oil (15 mL)
- Rice flour for dusting
- Sauce and toppings of your choice
Place racks in bottom and middle positions of oven. Preheat oven to 400ºF (205ºC). Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm milk for 5 minutes. Generously grease a 12-inch nonstick metal pizza pan.
In a medium bowl, whisk together white bean flour, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, salt and Italian seasoning. Add yeast-milk mixture and oil and beat with an electric mixer on medium-low until thoroughly blended. Dough will be very soft and sticky.
Place the dough on the pan and liberally sprinkle with rice flour. Press dough on the pan with hands, continuing to dust dough with flour to prevent sticking. Make edges thicker to contain toppings.
Bake pizza crust for 10 minutes on the bottom rack. Remove from oven and add sauce and toppings. Bake another 15 to 20 minutes on the middle rack or until top is nicely browned. Cut in 6 wedges and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of round
- Calories: 132
- Sodium: 61 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 6 g