Santa Fe Tostadas
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1/2 lb ground chicken (250 g)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz./398 mL) Beans in Tomato Sauce
- 1 can (12 oz./341 mL) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 tbsp chopped pickled jalapẽnos (optional) (25 mL)
- 2–3 tsp chili powder (10–15 mL)
- 1 tsp cumin (5 mL)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (1 mL)
- 4 soft flour tortillas (8-inch/20 cm)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce (500 mL)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (125 mL)
In frying pan, over medium-high heat, add chicken and onion, cook until browned and no longer pink. Drain fat.
Stir in beans, corn, jalapẽnos, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder. Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in foil. Heat in 350°F (180°C) oven for about 5 minutes.
Place on individual serving plates. Top with lettuce, meat mixture, tomato and cheese.
- Serving Size: 1 taco
- Calories: 446
- Fat: 11.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 64.3 g
- Fiber: 11.6 g
- Protein: 27.0 g