- 1 lb ground beef (500 g)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cans (14 oz./398 mL) Beans in Tomato Sauce
- 2 tsp chili powder (10 mL)
- 1 tsp oregano or marjoram (5 mL)
- 2 cups corn chips or tortilla chips (500 mL)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (250 mL)
- Optional: sour cream, fresh salsa or avocados
In skillet brown beef, onion and garlic. Drain off any excess fat. Stir in beans, chili powder and oregano. Simmer covered 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
Sprinkle chips and cheese on top of mixture. Do not stir. Cover and simmer 5 minutes more to melt cheese.
Serve with sour cream, fresh salsa, and avocados.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 451
- Sugar: 11.9 g
- Sodium: 639 mg
- Fat: 19.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.7 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 28.5
- Cholesterol: 65 mg